Middle School Intramural Sports for Spring
Posted by Heather Alnes on 3/15/2021
TVA Middle Schoolers,
Our neighborhood schools are setting up Intramural Sports for the spring. See the information below. (also, TMS has pictures scheduled this week if you missed the fall picture opportunities).
We are excited to be able to offer a no-cost after school opportunity for all 6-8th grade students to be able to participate in an intramural sports program. Due to safety procedures at this time, we are able to offer two sports (co-ed volleyball, co-ed soccer) in our first season from April 12 - May 7.
Please indicate your interest by participating in our program so we can plan accordingly: BMS Intramural Sports Interest Survey
For Program Details and information CLICK HERE
- Thank you TMS families for filling out the Intramural Interest Survey! We had over 190 responses which has been very helpful for our planning. Here are the results below:
Soccer – 63
Volleyball – 107
Track – 68
- Next, we will be sending out a link with Registration information and more information about the Athletic Clearance process with pdf downloads and hard copies (available in the main office) the week of 3/15.
- Intramural T-Shirt Design Contest
- You got a cool idea for our TMS Intramural Logo? Submit your Logo Design to the main office by 3/19. All entries must be submitted in black and white and not exceed 8.5 x 11 in. The winning entry will be printed on this year’s student t-shirts and the winner will receive other prizes and recognition.
- Save the date for 3/31 @ 4:00 for a Parent Meeting about Intramural Sports held via Zoom online meeting (Zoom link will be posted and sent to all registered families at a later date)
- School Portrait Make-ups
- We wanted to let you know that we will be offering school portrait make-ups next week for those students who were not able to join us last time for pictures (or to do make-ups for those who would like it again). Our A Cohort will have their portraits on Tuesday, March 16th and the B Cohort will have theirs on Thursday, March 18th from 8-3:30 pm. Remote students can come in either day at any time or exclusively from 1:45-3:30 (time reserved for remote students only on Tuesday or Thursday). All students will have their portrait taken for the yearbook. Below is the link you will need to follow if you wish to order pictures from our vendor, O'Connor Photography. We have included their contact information if you have any questions: