Before your first practice, you need to do the following things:
- Join the BHHS Swim/Dive Team page on facebook for up to date information about the team and the season.
- Completed the Tumwater School District Athletic Clearance Forms. They are available from the BHHS ASB with Mrs. Center.
- Make sure you have a sports physical on file, or submit one to the ASB office. (They are good for 1 year.)
- Submit all forms to the athletic office starting on August 15th, and before your first practice. On the 17th and 16th there will be LOTS of football players trying to be cleared, so you might want to wait until the 17th-19th. Do NOT wait until the 22nd, as there will be dozens that will be in line.
- Pay the $75 pay to play fee (consult the coach or ASB office if this is a problem, nobody will be denied)
- Bring your own towels, suit, goggles, cap and water bottle to the first practice on August 24th. I highly recommend a competition practice suit, as the "beach bathing suits" are hard to swim in, and won't last very long. Personally, I think the best practice suit is the Speedo Endurance just because it will last a long time. You can get those at Big 5 or any other store with a swimming section. Just make sure that they are the cross back style. They are also selling some good practice suits at Costco right now, but selection is a little limited. You can also get some good suits at SwimOutlet.com. Just make sure you get a competition suit. Coach Heather encourages people interested in diving to bring their own dive shammy, to dry off during dive practice.
- Talk to your friends about swimming and diving! It's a great sport, we've got a great team, and we're going to have LOT of fun this year.
- Attend the first practice of the year on August 22nd. We will meet at Black Hills High School in Mr. V's room (124 at the back of the school) before going to the swimming pool. After practice we will have an all-parents' meeting to go over team guidelines and the season. The precise times for the first day have not yet been set, but the parents' meeting will be after work hours.