Our SchoolThe original facility, situated on 11 acres at 12710 Littlerock Road SW, was constructed in 1912. Extensive additions, remodeling and renovations were done in 1977, 1985 and 1992. In 2000, 3.52 additional acres were acquired adjacent to the existing property. The current facility is 40,118 square feet. With nine portables on campus, Littlerock has a total of 28 classrooms. In the 2003-04 school year our multipurpose building received a seismic upgrade and modernization. This extensive work was made possible by the passage of our local bond issue supplemented by a Federal grant. Two years ago, the modernization of the 1st and 2nd grade building was completed using State matching funds.
At LRE we continue to emphasize the teaching of basic skills so students can enter each grade with the learning tools needed to be successful. Our student recognition program honors students’ academic achievement, attitude, and desire to improve.