Interim Superintendent Carole Meyer, EdDTumwater School District welcomed Dr. Carole Meyer as Interim Superintendent on July 1, 2022. Dr. Meyer brings with her over 36 years of experience in education. Her professional experience prior to joining Tumwater includes serving as a special education teacher, high school counselor and assistant principal, high school principal, assistant superintendent, and interim superintendent. She earned her Doctorate from Washington State University in 2015, Superintendent Certification in 2012 from Washington State University, Administration Certificate in 1999 from Eastern Washington University, Master of Education in School Guidance and Counseling in 1991 from Whitworth College, and Teaching Certification from Eastern Washington University in 1987.
Dr. Meyer shares three core beliefs:
- It is our paramount duty to keep students and classrooms safe and to have healthy, culturally responsive schools.
- High quality staff and programming are the cornerstones for high-achieving districts.
- Critical to the work of the superintendent is legislative advocacy and exerting pressure to achieve full funding for schools.
Her core values include:
- Relationships - Lead with emotional intelligence: self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management.
- Empowerment - Include the team in decision making, capitalize on their expertise, cultivate leaders, and build capacity.
- Integrity - Lead with consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations, and outcomes.
Carole and her husband, Dan, have been married for 41 years. Together, they have three adult children and three grandchildren.
To invite Dr. Meyer to a public or community event, please contact Executive Assistant Becky Parsons at 360-709-7007 or firstname.lastname@example.org.