2022-23 Learning Updates
In September of 2022 our schools fully open for full-time in-person learning for our students.
The District also offers a full-time remote opportunity - Tumwater Virtual Academy - for students who choose to learn remotely.
2022-23 Safe Return Plan
Our district is committed to providing a learning environment that protects student and staff health and safety:
- Face coverings will continue to be encouraged. Each student and staff member will be able to choose whether they will wear a face covering and we ask that each person's choice be respected.
- Families are encouraged to screen their child(ren) at home each school day before they leave for school for any COVID-related symptoms. If your child has any of the symptoms listed below, please keep them home and consult with your health care provider:
- fever greater than 100.4 or chills
- difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- muscle or body aches
- new loss of taste or smell
- cough (new, changed, or worsening), congestion or runny nose
- nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- sore throat
- Each school will have a designated area where sick students can be separated until they can be picked up by an authorized person.
- Students will be encouraged to wash their hands regularly and/or use hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer will be available in several locations throughout each school.
- Positive Tests for COVID-19:
- If an individual tests positive, they are required to stay home for 5 days (day zero is the day of onset of symptoms, or test if no symptoms) and wear a well-fitting mask from day 6 to 10.
- A second test is recommended on day 5, and if that test is positive, the individual is required to stay home an additional 5 days or wear a tight-fitting mask.
- Our district facilities have upgraded filtration systems, increased ventilation, and will continue with the enhanced program of cleaning and disinfection in our schools.
- Free at-home test kits are available for pickup at each of our schools. If a parent/guardian is unable to pick one up, they can request they be mailed to their home.
*If regulations change, our plans may be adjusted and we will communicate with staff and families.