2021-22 Learning Updates
In September of 2021, schools reopened for full-time in-person learning for our students.
The District also offers a full-time remote opportunity - Tumwater Virtual Academy - for students who choose to learn remotely.
2021-22 Safe Return Plan
Our district is committed to providing a learning environment that protects student and staff health and safety. The details of our safe return plan are under development (8/17/21). This is what we know so far:
- All students, staff, and visitors will be required to wear masks while in our facilities and busses (no matter their vaccination status). Masks can be removed for outdoor activities when students are not in large groups and closer than 3' apart
- Families will be required to perform a health screening of their child(ren) each day before they arrive at school.
- Physical distancing will be 3' in classrooms, 6' in lunchrooms to the degree possible
- We will promote and provide ample opportunities for students to wash/sanitize their hands.
- We will clean high-touch areas daily
- Additional details regarding sports and performing arts will be shared when they are determined.
2021-22 District Reopening Plan
The Tumwater School Board approved an Academic and Student Well-Being Recovery Plan at their May 13, 2021 which was then submitted to the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction.