Welcome to the Tumwater Virtual Academy!
TVA offers flexible and customized learning for Tumwater area students and families. TVA creates caring community connections by providing a high-quality online learning experience with local Tumwater School District Teachers.
- TVA builds relationships between caregivers and educators, on behalf of students, to make sure individual needs are met. Students in TVA have the best of both worlds - flexible online education with robust course offerings and access to in-person opportunites at neighborhood Tumwater School District Schools.
- Students enrolled in TVA complete all coursework at home while having access to all the activities, athletics, clubs, and enrichment offered at their home school. TVA utilizes the high-quality K12/Fuel Ed curriculum and materials. A Tumwater School District teacher is assigned to each student, depending on grade level to provide instruction and support.
Students and families choose TVA online program for a variety of reasons:
- High-quality, comprehensive program
- Learning designed around needs of the individual student
- Taught by Tumwater School District teachers
- Flexibility in schedule and learning
- Family preference
- Health needs
Students enrolled in TVA receive:
- Quality instructional materials and curriculum based on state standards and district practices.
- Personalized academic support
- Opportunities for virtual interaction with teacher(s) and peers through video conferencing
- Access to specialists, including school counselors, special education teachers, EL teachers, and other staff
- District-provided Chromebook