The DigiPen Computer Science AP program is an advanced program in “creating makers of technology”. Students create video games using trigonometry and higher math, computer programming in C, Zilch and Java as well as 2D and 3D computer animation. With guidance from the program partner, DigiPen Institute of Technology, the course prepares students for skills necessary for video game industry’s biggest need: qualified video game programmers and artists. Many of DigiPen’s college graduates have secured positions with top companies such as Nintendo, Interplay, DreamWorks Interactive, KnowWonder, and Valve. Students need to pass a qualifying entrance exam with Algebra I minimum.
- Make video games using Zero Engine, DigiPen Institute of Technology‘s proprietary game enigine and editor
- Learn C, Java and Zilch programming language
- Create 2D/3D computer animation
- Partner of DigiPen Institute of Technology
- 1.0 3rd year math credit
- 1.0 fine art credit
- Sit for Advanced Placement Exam if you choose