Name: Heather DockeryRoom: C-4Position(s): 7th Grade MathEducation/Teaching Background: BS Math Education
Years at TMS: 6Phone Number: 360-709-7574WELCOME. SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT IF YOU ARE VISITING BECAUSE OF THE SCHOOL CLOSURE.
I hope everyone is safe and well during this time. I know this is a stressful time for all of us. I realize everyone’s priority is to take care of their family. I don’t want you to worry about your student falling behind. We will all work together to figure out a plan for your student to be successful in their academic future. As far as having your student doing some math at home, trust your own instincts. You know your child and situation the best.
If you are looking for activities to keep your student’s mind active, I suggest:
- Play games: card games, board games, puzzles, sudoku, legos, any games with strategy, etc.
- Get outside.
- Talk to them about making a budget, balancing a checkbook, taxes, etc.
- They can go on iReady and complete some lessons and take the quizzes. I recommend 2-3 times a week for 45 minutes at a time.
- Review any past work in their math workbooks, read the summaries and finish any incomplete work.
- The district has added websites for students to access through the district webpage.
I will check my email daily, so feel free to contact me.
I will also be adding a few activities, riddles, etc. on my Google Classroom for enjoyment and entertainment only. These are OPTIONAL.
Best Wishes and I already miss everyone.Classroom Communication Strategies: Email is the best way to reach me.DAILY CLASSWORK AND ASSIGNMENT CALENDAR COMPRESSED MATH 7Through your student's Google Classroom (accessible on smart phones, laptops, home computers), they can access helpful videos, the classroom calendar (be sure to access the calendar through the specific content area and then the classwork section), and answer keys to selected worksheets.RESOURCES: Khan Academy for extra videos and practice that is fully alligned with lessonsIllustrative Mathematics Student workbookIllustrative Mathematics Parent ResourceSchedulePeriod 1: Math 7Period 2: Math 7Period 3: Math 7Period 4: PlanPeriod 5: Math 7 CompressedPeriod 6: Math EssentialsClass Syllabus Math 7Class Syllabus Math 7 Compressed