- Black Hills High School
- Senior Photos, Specs and Deadline
Senior Photos:Posted by Joe Derrig on 9/6/2022
Please read! Important information for Senior Photos.
Black Hills High School
Class of 2023 Senior Portrait Information.
It’s time to have your senior portrait taken!
Don’t wait! Now is a great time to get your photo done. After a two-month rest, students are refreshed which is reflected in the pictures. (Procrastination adds stress which can show in your photo, don’t be stressed).
Photo Specifications: (all photos must conform to these specs)
- Full-color or black and white, glossy or semi-glossy photograph, vertical orientation (approximately 2 ¼” w X 3 ½” h). photos significantly smaller do not resize well digitally – there is only so much digital information the computer can work with, so the end result is a photo which looks fuzzy or pixilated in the yearbook.
- Head size should be 1 ¼” from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head. Top of head should be at least ½” from the top of the photo. This is why some people’s heads look huge compared to others in the yearbook.
- We PREFER Basic frontal or 3/4 view, head and shoulders.
- Background can be any color.
- Digital images are best.
- Please do not submit prints from your home printer. They tend to scan poorly, please send the original high-res photo via email.
- If a hard copy is submitted, the photo should have the student’s name printed clearly on a piece of masking tape then placed on the back of the photo. If the name is written directly on the photo, it will cause ridges, which reproduce as distortions and are visible in the finished product.
- Digitally manipulated photos, artistic renderings of people, photos of more than one person, or childhood photos will NOT be accepted. (Consider a senior recognition ad for these).
- Digital photos should be submitted on CD, thumb drive or via email in .tif or .jpg file. CMYK color, 300 dpi minimum (high-resolution photo). We do not have the technology to make a low-res photo printable. Please label the disc or drive and the file with the name of the student(s) and the studio/photographer name and contact number.
Ideally, all photos will be submitted electronically to Joe Derrig, yearbook adviser or this year’s editor, Olivia.
Derrig at: email@example.com
Olivia at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for senior photos: Friday, November 18th
Student ID photos will replace any missing senior portraits, if you had a school picture taken.