Child Care During Extended School Closure
Tumwater School District is fortunate to have community partners that have stepped right in to help support our families during the extended school closure. Boys & Girls Club and South Sound Y Care understand the critical need that many families have for full-day childcare and will be providing opportunities for families to access this resource during this time.
The Tumwater Club will be open weekdays starting March 18th for all day camp from 7am – 5:30pm. They request that only families that need this resource out of necessity submit registrations, as they have a limited number of spaces available. Registration will take place on Wednesday 3-18-20. The program is available to current members and children of first responders and medical professionals, as capacity allows. Registration will be on first come-first serve basis. Scholarships for those who qualify are available for the $85/week per child fee.
Starting on Tuesday March 17th, Y Care will operate full-day childcare programs from 8am – 5:30 pm at the following schools:
- Peter G. Schmidt Elementary
- Michael T. Simmons Elementary
Priority will be given to current Y Care families, healthcare workers, and 1st responders.
Students in grades K-5 from all school districts are welcome. Students should dress appropriately for the weather as we will be spending time outside throughout the day.
Payment & Fees: $185/week - Payment is due one week prior to the start of care, or at the time of registration. See below for financial assistance/free tuition options. Registration is available for one-week sessions of fulltime care.
- Financial Assistance - If you already receive financial assistance for childcare programs in our YMCA, the appropriate discount will be applied during registration.
- DSHS Subsidy - If you currently receive DSHS subsidy for childcare, please look for an additional email from YMCA with specific instructions regarding your registration.
- Healthcare workers & first responders - If you currently work in one of these categories, you will qualify for FREE childcare. Please register as usual for your first week of care and indicate in the registration process that you are a healthcare worker or first responder. Your first week will be refunded no additional fees will be applied to your care.
Registration - Registration for full-day childcare during school closures is now open on the YMCA website. For registration assistance please contact at 360-918-0400.