Clock Hour Information
Courses for credit or clock hours earned after September 1, 1995, must satisfy at least one of the following criteria in order for the credits or clock hours to be recognized for salary placement:
- It is consistent with a school-based plan for master of student learning goals as referenced in the annual school performance report for the school in which the individual is assigned;
- It pertains to the individual’s current assignment or expected assignment for the following school year;
- It is necessary for obtaining an endorsement as prescribed by the Washington Professional Educator Standards Board;
- It is specifically required for obtaining advanced levels of certification;
- It is included in a college or university degree program that pertains to the individual’s current assignment or potential future assignment as a certificated instructional staff; or
- It addresses research-based assessment and instructional strategies for students with dyslexia, dysgraphia, and language disabilities.
Submission of Credits and Clock Hours:
- All clock hours and credits (including PD Enroller courses) need to be turned in to Human Resources in order to be considered for salary placement.
- Academic credits must be submitted via official transcripts from an accredited college or university.
- Clock hour forms must be earned from an approved provider and be signed by the provider in order to verify the hours have been earned.
- All certificated employees are placed on the salary schedule, with advancement based on years of service and education level.
- The deadline to submit credits and clock hours for each school year's salary placement is September 30 of the current school year.
- For example, if you wish to update your salary placement for the 2023-2024 school year, Human Resources needs to have received your credits/clock hours by September 30, 2023.
- If you have any questions regarding salary placement, please contact your Certificated HR Representative at 360-709-7020.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I view the clock hours/credits I submitted to HR for consideration for salary placement?
Do my clock hours in PD Enroller automatically count towards salary placement?
How do I access/print my clock hours in PD Enroller?
Why don't all of my trainings show in PD Enroller?
According to OSPI, what is the definition of a Continuing Education credit? (Clock Hour)
Where can I find a list of approved clock hour providers?