All certificated educators are placed on the salary schedule, with advancement based on years of service and education level.
Credits & Clock Hours Documentation for Salary Placement
Here are some things to remember when submitting documentation of credits and clock hours earned for the purpose of calculating salary placement:
- Academic credits must be submitted via official transcripts from an accredited college or university.
- Clock hour forms must be earned from an approved provider, and be signed by the provider in order to verify the hours have been earned.
- Employees are responsible for providing documentation of clock hours earned to the Human Resources department in order for the hours to be included in salary placement calculations.
In addition, courses for credit or clock hours earned after September 1, 1995, must satisfy at least one of the following criteria in order for the credits or clock hours to be recognized for salary placement:
- It is consistent with a school-based plan for master of student learning goals as referenced in the annual school performance report for the school in which the individual is assigned;
- It pertains to the individual’s current assignment or expected assignment for the following school year;
- It is necessary for obtaining an endorsement as prescribed by the Washington Professional Educator Standards Board;
- It is specifically required for obtaining advanced levels of certification;
- It is included in a college or university degree program that pertains to the individual’s current assignment or potential future assignment as a certificated instructional staff; or
- It addresses research-based assessment and instructional strategies for students with dyslexia, dysgraphia, and language disabilities.
Adding an Endorsement
Information regarding adding an endorsement can be found here: http://www.k12.wa.us/certification/teacher/Endorsement.aspx
Clock Hour Provider Information - Current and past clock hour provider guidance and how to become a clock hour provider
Educator Clock Hour Information - FAQs for Educators
Clock Hour Documentation Information - Forms and accepted documentation for reporting clock hours and current and past provider lists
Electronic Certification (Register for and submit applications electronically)
National Board for Professional Teaching Standards (Washington State Initiative)
Professional Educator Standards Board (Alternative Routes to Certification, Educator Testing)
State Board of Education (current issues, legal/constitutional references, links to other sites)