FREE AND REDUCED MEAL INFORMATION
Apply Online Through Family Access
- Log into Family Access with your user name and password
- Select one of your students from the drop down list at the top of the screen. If you leave this at all students, you will not be able to access the Application link.
- Select Food Service from the list on the left-hand side of the screen
- Click "Applications" at the top of the Food Service wall.
- Click "Add Applications"
- Follow the prompts to complete and submit an application
- IMPORTANT! When entering your electronic signature, be sure that it matches exactly the name you entered in Section 3. For example, if you enter your name with a middle initial, you must include that middle initial in your signature.
Download an Application
To apply for free or reduced-priced meals, complete one application per family, be sure to list each child and their school on the application, making sure that the application is completely filled out. Incomplete applications can cause delays in approvals. Completed applications can be given to your student’s school, or you can mail it to the Food Services Department at 2020 80th Ave. SW, Tumwater, WA. 98512. Once the application has been approved or denied, a letter or email will be sent to your home from the TSD Food Service office. Please keep a copy of your approval letter as you may use it to qualify for other fee waivers or reduced benefits. We accept applications throughout the school year.
- 2023-24 Free and Reduced Meal Application
- 2023-24 Letter to Household
- 2023-24 Free and Reduced Meal Application-Spanish
- 2023-24 Letter to Household-Spanish
- Translated Applications https://www.fns.usda.gov/school-meals/translated-application
Additional Fee Reduction Opportunities
You may be eligible for fees to be reduced or waived for other programs at your school or in the district. Please complete the Consent to Share Information form at the link below. This allows for your child's free and reduced status to be shared with those administering extra-curricular activities at your child's school or within the district. This form, along with the Free and Reduced-priced meal application, will need to be completed every school year.
Do I need to re-apply each year?
YES! If your family participated in the free and reduced-priced meals program at the end of the previous school year, you will automatically qualify for the program through the 30th serving day of the next school year. IMPORTANT!!! If a new application has not been received and approved by the 30th serving day, your child (ren) will be removed from the program and you will be required to pay for any meals purchased beginning the 31st day, until your application is processed and approved.
Is the information I provide confidential?
YES! The application is used only to determine benefits for the breakfast and lunch program. Students receiving meals under this plan are identified only by the cafeteria cashier.
Where can I get a copy of my approval letter?
Letters are sent home either by email or by U.S. mail. If you need a copy of your letter, please call the food service office at 360-709-7740.