How do I Make a Deposit?
We have several ways to add money to your child’s account!
- Online Payments through Skyward Family Access (see your school’s Secretary for set-up)
- Checks are accepted and made out to TSD Food Services; note on check memo line your student’s name.
- Cash is accepted, but not recommended for younger students
New this year! At the middle and high schools, you can make just one payment for Student Fees and Food Service. Check this out at your school’s front office.
How do I Check Account Balance?
A parent can monitor purchases and account balances by:
- Skyward Family Access
- Call the Food Service office @ 360-709-7740
- Secondary students are reminded when their account balance is getting low
- Your student can ask in food line
You are able in Skyward Family Access to receive an email notification when your student is low on funds. INSTRUCTIONS
What Happens When a Child is Short Money?
Tumwater School District Food Services is a pre-paid meal system. Funds will need to be deposited in the student’s account before meals are served. However, occasionally there may be a need to charge meals; we will never turn a student away for lack of funds in their account. If a family member is unable to make a deposit in their student’s account, the student will be allowed to charge a meal. Food Services will make every effort to work with families with unpaid balances.
Steps that are taken for unpaid meal charges:
- We will contact parents by an auto-dialer/email and notes sent home with your student, reminding you that you child has a negative balance. At the secondary level, students are reminded that they will have to put funds into their account.
- If the negative balance goes unpaid, and reaches a negative $30.00, it is turned over to the Food Service department to contact the family for payment or payment arrangements. At this point, we will continue to feed your student, unless you request us to put a stop on their purchases. Please call the food service office at 360-709-7740.
- If the Food Service department is unable to make contact with the parent, and the unpaid meal account is with an excess of negative $50.00 it will be turned over to the district’s Financial Services for their attempt to collect the unpaid balance. If Financial Services is unable successfully to collect the unpaid balance, the district will choose how to proceed.
Students with negative account balances can only purchase breakfast and lunch. A la carte (extra) items cannot be charged. Monies received from students with negative account balances must first be used to satisfy the negative balance.