February 2018 Meeting
Present at meeting:
Justine Schmidt, Tara Clemmens, Linda O’Shaugnessy and Amanda Cooper.
- Principal’s Report –Linda
- Lockdown update. Linda shared, “Love your kids and make sure you check in with them and ask questions.”
- Pie’s request on how to bring parents into the school for more involvement – was shared at SLC. BMS has decided to host a night time talent show and art gallery event this year. It will take place on Thursday, April 26 There are 8 BMS employees on this committee. They will have a dress rehearsal right after school on the 26th and then that night doors will open at 5:30 – 6:00. Show starts at 6 pm. and lasts approx. 1 ½ hours Parents/families can continue to view the art gallery after talent show.
- The PE department said to tell PIE, “Thank you” for the funds for their new equipment. Linda will be providing pictures that we can use on our Facebook page/Falcon Flyer and for documentation of our Nisqually Grant.
- Linda is still researching sandwich boards and cost. Tara will provide the check once Linda has actual cost.
- Guest Speakers – Amanda Cooper requested funds for the Talent Show. Specific request was for pizza and cookies to give the students who stay after school for the dress rehearsal on the 26 since they will stay until the Talent Show/Art Gallery is over. She will be providing a specific monetary amount when she has it. Auditions for Talent Show will be after conferences March 27-30th
- Book Fair will be the week of conferences – Need to check in with Kevan and we also will need someone to pick up and deposit book fair money when completed. Tara will be out of town on this date and cannot assist.
- Treasurer’s Report (See report)
- Fred Meyer earned $47.47 .
- Review Last Meeting Minutes – Voted on and approved.
- Finalize ByLaws – Need to keep on Agenda until all Board Members are available
- Teacher Requests
- Kevan – Lego Wall (Lowes Donation) – No update provided
- Update on Contractors Donation - Plaque– waiting to install when weather warmer.
- Committee Reports
- - Box Tops – Next due date is March 1st so need to collect and advertise.
- Math Night updates? 1/18, 2/15, 5/17? No further info has been provided if math night will continue
Next Meeting: March 15, 2018
2018: Jan. 18th, Feb. 15th, March 15th, April 19th, and May 17th