We Are Eagles!
It's almost time for all of our Eagles to fly their way back into our school building and I am beyond excited to get to meet each of you!
Please remember to sign up for Smart Start Conferences and if you need help, just email me and I will get you a date and time!
In OUR CLASSROOM everyone is welcome!
These are things that we will strive to hold onto each day as we learn and play together.
- Stay Safe, Respectful, Responsible and Kind- Even when no one is watching.
- Know that mistakes happen. We can learn from them.
- Never, ever give up.
- Always do the right thing.
- Treat each other BETTER than we want to be treated.
- STOP when someone asks us to stop.
- Good manners at all times.
- Work hard and play hard.
Contact Me Any Time:
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call me at Peter G. Schmidt at (360) 709-7233
- Send me a letter at Mrs. Coty 237 Dennis St. SE Tumwater, WA 98501
Our Specialist Line Up
Our School Day
Begins at 8:40 a.m. (with bellwork starting as students arrive)
Lunch is at Noon.
Dismissal is at 3:10 p.m. except for on ACT days. Please see school main webpage for more details.
Degrees and Certifications:
About Your Teacher- Mrs. Coty
My name is Mrs. Coty and I have been a third grade teacher here at Peter G. Schmidt Elementary since 2016.
As a child growing up in Oklahoma, I realized pretty early on that I wanted to be a teacher. Teachers are awesome people and I like being awesome. It just made sense! I have an AA from Centralia College, a B.A. from Washington State University and have been a certificated educator in the state of Washington since 2008. I have also had the distinct pleasure of being recognized with a National Univeristy Teacher of the Year Award in 2018.
Before becoming an educator here in Tumwater, I worked for the Centralia School District teaching 7th and 8th grade science.
My world outside of the classroom is made up of my two wonderful daughters. As a family we enjoy swimming, reading, visiting family and traveling as much as we can. We truly believe "adventure is out there" so we love to explore Washington State and the world beyond it.