School Employees Benefit Board (SEBB) Information
All Washington State K-12 school employees now receive health insurance and other benefits through the statewide School Employees Benefifts Board (SEBB) Program. Please see SEBB insurance carrier contact information below:
Kaiser Permanente 1-888-901-4636
Premera Blue Cross 1-800-807-7310
UMP Achieve 1, Achieve 2, UMP High Deductible, UMP Plus 1-800-628-3481
UMP Plus - Puget Sound High Value Network 1-877-345-8760
UMP Plus - UW Medicine Accountable Care Network 1-855-520-9400
UMP WA State Rx Services (Prescription drugs only) 1-888-361-1611
Uniform Dental 1-800-537-3406
Willamette Dental 1-855-433-6825
MetLife Vision 1-855-638-3931
Davis Vision 1-877-377-9353
EyeMed Vision 1-800-699-0993
MetLife Life Insurance 1-833-854-9624
Standard Long Term Disability Insurance 1-833-229-4177
Navia FSA & DCAP 1-800-669-3539
SEBB - Things you need to know
If you do not take action during your enrollment window, you will be defaulted into the following plans and incur a $58 monthly payroll deduction:
- Medical: UMP Achieve 1, with a $33 monthly premium
- Dental: Uniform Dental (no premium)
- Vision: MetLife Vision (no premium)
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D): MetLife (no premium)
- You will be charged the $25 tobacco use premium
You might pay premium surcharges
Need to make a change outside of Open Enrollment?
- Tobacco use premium surcharge - If you or any dependent age 13 or over enrolled on your SEBB medical plan use tobacco products, you will be charged a monthly $25- per-account premium surcharge in addition to your monthly medical premiums.
- Spouse or state-registered domestic partner coverage premium surcharge - If your spouse or state-registered domestic partner is enrolled on your SEBB medical plan instead of an employer-based group medical plan that is comparable to PEBB’s UMP Classic, you will be charged a monthly $50 premium surcharge in addition to your monthly medical premiums.
For eligibility and enrollment questions please contact Pam Jolley at: email@example.comRetirees remain in PEBB - All retirees will remain under the PEBB Program at least through 2021. Newly retiring school employees will enroll in PEBB.
- If you experience a qualifying event outside of open enrollment you can make a correlating change within 30 days of the qualifying event. A qualifying event is one of the following: Birth of a child, marriage, divorce, adoption, court appointed dependent, loss of other coverage or gain of other coverage.
- The following are eligible dependents: Lawful Spouse, State Registered Domestic Partner, Children up to age 26 (natural, adopted, step, or court appointed), Children over the age of 26 who are incapable of self support (subject to approval).
State Retirement Benefit Information
Sign up for a Department of Retirement Benefits Summit to learn more about your plan here: DRS Summits 2019-20
For questions or information about your Washington State Retirement plan contact:Washington State Department of Retirement Systems – Phone: (800) 547-6657
For information about health benefits for retiring employees contact:Washington State Health Care Authority - Phone (800) 200-1004