BUSH MIDDLE SCHOOLPartners in Education
April 17, 2014
Meeting MinutesPresent: Principal, Linda O’Shaughnessy; Launa Abrahamson; Julie Salvitti; Heather York; and Corinne Wiborg
1) Principal’s Report with upcoming events:
· Thank you for attending PIE and your help
· April 23-May 28 – MSP testing
· April 25 – Falcon Talent Show
2) Treasurer’s Report: Balance $2,357.143) Discussion Items:
· Box Tops and Labels for Education ends April 30.
· April 21-May 16 – Fund-a-Falcon. We want to have them hung on a wall where students can see them. We want to thank businesses on BMS website for donating. We will have a winner from the 7th and 8th grade class with award of a gift card of their choice.
· Teacher appreciation week, May 5-9. PIE would like to gift the teachers’ lunch room. Some ideas are silverware, paper towels, and electric can opener.· We need to check with Invest Education to see if there are any students that are in need.· PIE will purchase 16 yearbooks for students in need.
· Cinco de Mayo, May 5th – we will count Box Tops with Launa!
· Next year PIE Officers – We hope to keep some of the 7th grade parents.
· We need contact parents of Bush Middle School via e-mail/phone to inform them about PIE meetings that are held every month, on the third Thursday at 6:00 pm.
· Teacher’s appreciation day
o 5/9/14 afternoon snackso Remember NO NUTS. Many teachers have severe allergies.
4) 2013-2014 PIE Group
President - Launa Abrahamson
Vice President – Heather York
Treasurer – Julie Salvitti
Fundraising Coordinator – Sarah Pizana
Secretary - Corinne WiborgVolunteer Coordinator – Heather York
Next meeting: Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 6:00p.m.