BUSH MIDDLESCHOOLPartners in Education
March 20, 2014Meeting Minutes
Present: Principal, Linda O’Shaughnessy; Launa Abrahamson; Heather York; Julie Salvitti; Laura Lacy; Tom Gibb; and Corinne Wiborg
1) Principal’s Report with upcoming events:
· Thank you for attending PIE and your help
· We are approaching the end of the school year
· April 7-11 Spring Break
· April 23-May 28 – MSP testing
· April 25 – Falcon Talent Show
· Parents may contact teachers at any time via e-mail regarding any questions or concerns.2) Treasurer’s Report: Balance $2,526.663) Discussion Items:
· Box Tops and Labels for education will start on April 14-30.
· Teacher Appreciation Week, May 5-9.
· We need contact parents of Bush Middle School via e-mail/phone to inform them about PIE meetings that are held every month, on the third Thursday at 6:00p.m.
· Heather and Launa are working on Fund-a-Falcon!
· We need to write a check for Invest Education
· June 6th Fun Run & Spring Fling starts at 8:45am· June 9th BMS incoming 7th Grade Transition Day
· Years books get delivered to students on June 9th
· Teacher’s appreciation days:
o 4/25/14 morning snacks
o 5/9/14 afternoon snacks
o Remember NO NUTS. Many teachers have severe allergies.
4) 2013-2014 PIE Group
President - Launa Abrahamson
Vice President – Heather York
Treasurer – Julie Salvitti
Fundraising Coordinator – Sarah Pizana
Secretary - Corinne Wiborg
Volunteer Coordinator – Heather York
Next meeting: Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 6:00p.m.