Parents often ask what they can to do support their student(s) during testing –
· Make sure your student gets plenty of rest leading up to and during testing.
· Send your child to school each day having eaten a healthy breakfast.
· Be sure your student is at school on time each morning. Testing takes place throughout each day, often starting just after school begins. Students who arrive late have to play catch up which may cause them to be anxious and not perform as well.
· Reinforce that your student take the test seriously, but don’t overemphasize its importance. It’s one way that we measure student achievement, but certainly not the only way.
· Please avoid scheduling any appointments, late arrivals, or early dismissals during the three week testing period. It’s important that students are in class for each testing session.