Setting Your PreferencesGet Connected and Decide How You Want to Be Contacted by Schools and the District
We have a messaging system that you may want to adjust how you wish to be contacted. Your current contact information is in our system based on how you filled out enrollment forms or updates you have provided.
The messaging system is used for emergency closures, attendance and other purposes. You can choose to receive different types of messages at different phone numbers and/or by email, depending on the type of message and the time of day that it goes out. You can also “opt out” of receiving certain types of messages via phone or email. We encourage everyone to look at the choices and then decide how you want to be contacted.
- First, if you have not done so, you will need to get a username and password for our Family Access system. You do this by contacting the office professional at your child’s school.
- Next, go to the Tumwater School District website at www.tumwater.k12.wa.us
- From the District home page, click on the Family Access icon in the upper right. Enter your username and password.
- Look for the choices on the left side of the screen. Choose “Skylert”.
- A screen will appear which has multiple options and checkboxes. On the top right, click on “edit”. This will allow you to change the existing settings.
- Set your preferences by clicking on the boxes. When done, click “save”, which is on the top right of the screen. That’s it. You can go into the system and edit your preferences at any time.
- If you have more than one student in the district, you can set preferences for each one. If you make the same choices for each of your students, the system will pick up on the duplication and only send one message. To set preferences for your other children, look at the very top left side of the screen. You will see one child’s name. Click on the arrow. Your additional child or children will appear as options. Go to step 4 and continue.
If you have any questions, please contact Jana Christensen at the District Office, 709-7030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Laurie Wiedenmeyer at 360-709-7000 or email email@example.com.