The Senior Culminating Project shall consist of the student demonstrating both their learning competencies and preparation related to the State Learning Goals 3 and 4. For the purpose of this procedure Learning Goals 3 & 4 are defined as:
• Think analytically, logically and creatively, and integrate experience and knowledge to form reasoned judgments and solve problems.
• Understand the importance of work and how performance, effort and decisions directly affect future career and educational opportunities.
To meet these goals all students will:
1. Complete 30 hours of community outreach during their high school experience.
2. During the freshman year students will, with instruction:
a. Complete a career interest inventory to identify their strengths and weaknesses as related to their personal career goals.
b. Create a High School and Beyond Plan.
c. Create a résumé.
3. Students will be led through a review of their High School and Beyond Plan on a yearly basis.
4. During the senior year, students will participate in a Senior Culminating Project Exit Interview before a panel consisting of a teacher, a community member and a student advocate. The process shall include:
a. Submission of an up-to-date résumé.
b. Submission of documentation of 30 hours of community outreach.
c. Two part exit interview:
i. Student led section where the student shares their high school experiences as they relate to their High School and Beyond Plan.
ii. A panel led question and answer section where the student is asked pre-identified questions.
d. The Senior Project will be scored using a Standards Based Scoring Rubric:
i. If a student does not pass the résumé portion and does pass the Exit Interview, he/she may redo the résumé and will not be required to redo the Exit Interview.
ii. If a student does not pass either portion of the Exit Interview they will be required to redo the entire Exit Interview.
5. All sites will develop a process to ensure that all transfer, Running Start, and New Market students will have an opportunity to fulfill the Senior Culminating Project.