District Policies & Procedures
Tumwater School District Board of Directors establishes policies, which are essential governing documents by which our district operates. Board-approved policies are based on laws and regulations. Procedures are developed by administrative staff to implement Board-adopted policies.
To search this section, click on a category to the left to view our current policies and procedures. Each category leads to a list of policies and procedures in that section. To view or print, click on the number of the policy or procedure. If you are unable to print a desired policy, please call 360-709-7000.Questions? Please email Becky Parsons at email@example.com or call 360-709-7000.
Board Policy Review/Input Opportunities
As the School Board reviews draft policies and proposed policy revisions, they welcome and invite student, staff, and community input during the policy review process.
- The public is welcome to comment about policies or other topics of interest during Tumwater School District Board of Directors regular business meetings. Time is set aside for public comment near the start of meetings and those who wish to speak are asked to sign up. Learn more about the protocol for speaking during public board meetings.
- Students, staff, and the community are welcome to fill out this google input form to provide input on proposed policies/policy revisions.
- Contact Becky Parsons, Executive Assistant to the Superintendent, at 360-709-7007.
- Contact TSD School Board members directly. Contact information can be found with their photos on the Meet Your School Board web page.
This web page will be updated regularly to inform the community about what policies are currently being reviewed by the School Board.
Policies currently before the Board for 1st Reading at the April 27, 2023 regular meeting:
Policies currently before the Board for 2nd Reading and possible action at the April 27, 2023 regular meeting:
- Policy 6022 - Minimum Fund Balance (Revised)
Thank you for your interest in the Board's policy review process. If you have any additional questions or comments, please go to the Google form link above and provide your input.
How does a Board Policy get approved?
Each policy requires a minimum of two readings (reviews) by the Tumwater School Board before it can be considered for action/approval. Typically, policies come before the Board for a "first reading" at a public board meeting. The same policies typically return for a second reading, followed by possible Board action, at a future School Board meeting.